Raise awareness for the launch of the new PUMA Mamelodi Sundowns “Bulls tribute” football kit.
Splash conceptualised and managed all aspects of a media activation at Chloorkop in Gauteng, the training ground for Mamelodi Sundowns.
This included inviting and hosting media to leverage their reach in publicising the news of the new kit and also sharing their experience on social media.
After a short presentation of the new kit with a focus on the significance of the Bulls tribute, media were led to the change rooms where they were surprised to see their names emblazoned on the back of the new jersey, along with a pair of pants, socks and PUMA football boots.
Once stripped up, the media were ushered to the pitch for a series of 5-a-side matches featuring media, Bulls rugby players and members of the Sundowns women’s team. A pitch-side DJ provided the beats, while food and coffee trucks supplied the catering.
After the matches Sundowns and Bulls players and a PUMA spokesperson were on hand to be interviewed. Players autographed shirts and boots and posed for selfies.
The activation was supported by an editorial pitch to media and shirt giveaways for the readers of Soccer Laduma and Kick Off.
Media are always keen to access players and the concept gave them a rare opportunity to interview leading football and rugby players at one venue and to play football with them, driving social media excitement and ensuring editorial exposure across print, broadcast and online media.
- Secured 165 pieces of coverage across TV and radio news, print media, online news and sports sites, sports blogs, as well as Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook social media channels
- Key channels were SABC tv news, Kaya FM, Kick Off, Soccer Laduma, Pretoria News, The Sowetan, Beeld, IOL, sport24, City Press, Times Live and EWN
- Coverage included over 120 social media posts on official media and personal platforms using hashtags: #TheBeatOfMamelodi #NewLevels and tagging @PUMASouthAfrica
- The activation also generated brand relevant content for PUMA SA to share across its Instagram and Twitter platforms
- Coverage reach of over 20m
- Advertising value of the campaign approx. R5.3m