Richard Bosman’s Quality Cured Meats has launched an online store Richardbosman.co.za as well as home deliveries in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban, with 10 mouth-watering new products available, including Mortadella, Cajun Andouille Sausage, hand-made Bratwurst and Bacon Miso Caramel Sauce.
The online store also offers tasty DIY kits inspired by fan favourite Bacon on Brie breakfasts as served at the iconic Oranjezicht Farmers Market in Cape Town over the past few years. The BLT Breakfast Pack for R140 consists of 2 packs of real bacon, 1 jar Baconnaise, a recipe sheet and 6 free range eggs. Add the bread, lettuce and tomato and you are good to go.
Just in time for Father’s Day on Sunday, 21 June you can say “I love you dad” with a personalised hamper of bacon, beef, venison, ham, salami and sausages to salts, sauces, relishes, jams, rubs and UMAMI dust – the choice is yours. Or sign dad up for one of Richard’s courses which focus on charcuterie block work and the making of sausages, chorizo and bacon. To book a spot for you and your dad visit richardbosman.me/courses or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning next week’s menu? Up the ante with some tasty, artisanal fare. New products available online include:
- Mortadella – ham with pistachio nuts (R30 for 100g)
- 24 Month Reserve Prosciutto – ham, aged on the bone (R60 for 80g)
- Smoked Prosciutto – delicate, cold smoked and deboned ham (R45 for 80g)
- Cajun Andouille Sausage – slightly spicy and smoky pork sausages with garlic, coriander and a hint of cumin (R80 for 4)
- Bratwurst – hand-made German-style sausages (R80 for 4)
- Bacon Miso Caramel Sauce – crispy, caramelised bacon bits in a caramel made with a dash of miso paste. Ideal on pancakes, flap jacks or ice cream (R60 for 200ml)
- Chicken Salt – perfect with anything, you name it! Made with pasture reared chicken skins and spices (R60 for 200g)
Making you and the environment happy, Richard Bosman’s Quality Cured Meats has also introduced new eco-friendly packaging.
“We have moved away from vacuum packs to a gas-flushed system where freshly sliced meat is placed in a PET, recyclable tray and all the oxygen is removed. The pack is then filled with a mix of nitrogen and CO2 which are inert and prevent spoilage,” explains Richard. “No more plastic interleaving, no more squashed meats and it’s better for the environment.”
Richard Bosman’s Quality Cured Meats has been producing exceptional Italian and Spanish style charcuterie since 2009. Partnerships with selected South African farmers ensure a consistent source of the very best pasture-reared meats. Hand-salted, hung and cured for 2 to 12 months, the meats are delicious, artisanal fare well worth the wait.
Feeling hungry yet? Visit Richardbosman.co.za and place your order today.